Fibertek, Inc. is a leading developer of laser and electro-optic systems for the aerospace community, with key contributions to lasers for atmospheric sensing, laser communications, and lidar sensors for NASA, DoD, and commercial customers. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our division at Fort Belvoir, VA to conduct extensive research in coordination with stakeholders across the C-IED community of interest.
The successful candidate will identify and capture legacy vs. current C-IED S&T and related programs, policies, collaborative forums and points of contact for presentation in regular briefings to culminate in final formal reports. You will join an agile small business that has a dedicated team of technology and business leaders with 35 years of success behind them. Your role will include:
- Submit a weekly report of activities and accomplishments to the PMO Lead.
- Maintain content in knowledge management resources.
- Maintain and enhance outreach tools, such as policy and program implementation status trackers, activity and engagement trackers, event calendars, and related resources
- Participate in routine meetings and liaise with program stakeholders
- Perform numerous writing tasks, including cost studies, reports on programs investigated, and written recommendations
- Interact with program management and stakeholders to present reports and provide advice
interested in this position?
- A minimum of 5 (7 desired) years of experience providing subject matter expert advice to senior level executives or general officers and guidance to stakeholders regarding C-IED S&T policy as it relates to strategic C-IED capability development
- At least 7 (10 desired) years of professional experience working in industry, law enforcement, and/or military with the ability to analyze, assist, measure, and coordinate organizational and operational programs A Master’s Degree or greater is preferred but motivated individuals possessing a suitable bachelor’s degree will be considered.
- Demonstrated experience contributing to the development of S&T related policy, including preparing interagency and international agreements, policy documents and strategy reports
- Background in tactical or strategic joint military and/or law enforcement plans and policies preferred
- Extensive software skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint) and Internet research abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work independently
- Possess exceptional management and organizational skills
- Ability to travel throughout the DC-MD-VA area
- Possess a valid Driver’s License for the operation of government owned or leased vehicles
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
Why Fibertek, INC?
Fibertek is a aerospace business with a 35-year history of leadership in delivering advanced laser-based systems and technologies to the defense and aerospace communities with an emphasis on first-of-kind systems developed for the most challenging environments. We are leaders in delivering lasers for space-based earth-sensing LIDAR for NASA (e.g., CALIPSO and ICESat-2 laser systems) and in developing advanced laser and sensor systems for LIDAR and other applications in the defense community. Fibertek fosters a progressive learning environment that values inspiration, promotes professional challenge and encourages personal growth. We offer competitive and incentivized compensation package with excellent benefits.
How to Apply
Fibertek, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants are considered regardless of race, sex, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.