senior systems engineer
Fibertek is seeking an experienced systems engineer to join our team and lead the development of advanced lidar, laser, and/or optical communications systems. You will exercise considerable latitude in advancing the development of laser-based technologies over a range of maturities from first prototype design and demonstration to delivery of operational systems in a military and/or space environment. This position requires a combination of technical leadership and program management and you will have diverse responsibilities throughout the development life-cycle that include:
- Leading the successful execution of system development programs including both programmatic and systems engineering responsibilities.
- Establish key system-level requirements and the corresponding derived requirements for subsystems and components across multiple technical disciplines.
- Assessment and mitigation of technical, cost and schedule risks with routine stakeholder communications.
- Oversight of requirements verification testing and performance documentation.
- Sustainment of healthy customer relationships as a primary technical point of contact with external customer organizations.
This position requires a broad range of skills including technical expertise in laser-based systems for military and space-based applications and environments; a systems engineering mindset; and risk-based program management expertise. You will join an agile small business that has a dedicated team of technology and business leaders with 35 years of success behind them.
interested in this position?
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Optics, Engineering, Physics, or other related field.
- >10 years professional experience including lead systems engineering positions on laser, lidar or laser communication programs.
- US Citizen and eligibility to obtain a US Security Clearance.
- Familiarity with engineering and development of optical systems for military or space missions.
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional teams as the lead systems engineer and/or program manager on laser-based programs.
- Self-directed and motivated with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Why Fibertek, INC?
How to Apply
Fibertek, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants are considered regardless of race, sex, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.