senior mechanical engineer
While working as a Senior Mechanical Engineer at Fibertek, you will use your direct hardware experience to push laser-based technologies to new heights. Fibertek is looking for an experienced senior mechanical engineer to join our highly collaborative team in Herndon, VA. We are a leading developer of laser and electro-optic systems for the aerospace community, with critical contributions to lasers for atmospheric sensing, laser communications, and lidar sensors for NASA, DoD, and commercial customers.
You will work within a collaborative environment while empowered to make decisions in your area of expertise. You will have the benefit of both your team and senior leadership support. By developing detailed CAD models, fabrication, and assembly drawings, you will manage a wide range of engineering tasks, including preparation of technical reports and presentations, participation in design review meetings, both internal and with customers. This will also include, however, is not limited to, the performance of analyses to ensure conformance with requirements. You will be flexible and have the learned ability to work on multiple concurrent projects, with a mix of small, short, quick-turn projects and more extensive, long-term projects.
INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION?
To succeed in this Senior Mechanical Engineer role, you will need the below expertise and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience in the design and analysis of electro-optical systems for military and/or aerospace applications.
- Experience in the design of thermal control systems, packaging of electronics, precision mechanisms, and sealed enclosures.
- Experience with Creo design software for the modelling of parts and assemblies and for the creation of detailed fabrication and assembly drawings.
- Experience with ANSYS simulation software for the analysis of structural and thermal behavior of components and systems (desired for the Mechanical Engineer).
- Experience with Product Center product lifecycle management software.
- Excellent writing, editing, communication, organization, and interpersonal skills required.
Please apply today for this full-time Herndon-based Senior Mechanical Engineer role and join the leader in the development of state-of-the-art laser and electro-optic solutions.
Why Fibertek, INC?
At FIBERTEK, Inc. we pride ourselves in our innovation and customer success focused culture enabled by a creative and relaxed work environment with minimal bureaucracy. Fibertek fosters a progressive learning environment that values inspiration, promotes professional challenge and encourages personal growth. We offer a competitive and incentivized compensation package with excellent benefits.
How to Apply
Fibertek, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants are considered regardless of race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact us by phone at 571-299-4487 or via email at email@example.com.