senior mechanical engineer
Fibertek, Inc. is a leading developer of laser and electro-optic systems for the aerospace community, with key contributions to lasers for atmospheric sensing, laser communications, and lidar sensors for NASA, DoD, and commercial customers. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our division at Herndon, Virginia! The successful candidate will be a part of a project team and provide mechanical engineering expertise to design and develop complex electro-optical systems for military and/or aerospace applications. You will join an agile small business that has a dedicated team of technology and business leaders with 35 years of success behind them. Your role will include:
- Develop detailed CAD models, fabrication and assembly drawings.
- Perform analyses to ensure conformance with requirements.
- Initiate and support procurement of custom and commercial components.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations.
- Participate in design review meetings, both internal and with customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION?
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience in the design and analysis of electro-optical systems for military and/or aerospace applications.
- Experience in the design of thermal control systems, packaging of electronics, precision mechanisms, and sealed enclosures.
- Experience with Creo design software for the modelling of parts and assemblies and for the creation of detailed fabrication and assembly drawings.
- Experience with ANSYS simulation software for the analysis of structural and thermal behavior of components and systems (desired for the Mechanical Engineer).
- Experience with Product Center product lifecycle management software.
- Excellent writing, editing, communication, organization, and interpersonal skills required.
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be detail oriented and possess the ability to multi-task.
Why Fibertek, INC?
How to Apply
Fibertek, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants are considered regardless of race, sex, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.