quality assurance inspector
Fibertek, Inc. is a leading developer of laser and electro-optic systems for the aerospace community, with key contributions to lasers for atmospheric sensing, laser communications, and lidar sensors for NASA, DoD, and commercial customers. We are looking for a highly motivated Quality Inspector to join our division at Herndon, VA to ensure the products and services we provide are of the highest quality, and to promote the consistency and precision of the research and development process to guarantee that all Fibertek products meet or exceed customer expectations.
The successful candidate will perform incoming inspections of mechanical, electrical, and optical components; monitor and maintain non-conformance, corrective action as well as other databases; review and process production work orders; and performing lab audits. The candidate will maintain a safe and healthy work environment and behaviors with up-to-date knowledge of federal, industry, and well as company standards and best practices. You will be expected to seek and improve job knowledge by participation in educational opportunities, ISO, IPC and/or NASA certifications, technical publications, white papers, etc. You will join an agile small business that has a dedicated team of technology and business leaders with 35 years of success behind them. Your role will include:
- Inspection and approval of in-coming, in-process and finished products and services, consisting of mechanical hardware, printed circuit board materials, optical and electrical components.
- Completing non-conformance reports, RMAs, summarizing re-work and waste, and placing information into quality database.
- Ability to run a calibration equipment program accurately by following Fibertek calibration policy requirements and performing all tasks as required.
- Monitors Travelers, POs, Production Work Orders, Engineering Change Notices, and other related documentation affecting the standards and specifications of products and services.
- Participates in ISO 9001:2015 internal audits, ISO orientations, and other Continual Improvement efforts.
interested in this position?
- Experience with finished goods inspection is preferred.
- The use of precision measurement tools is critical to this position, you must have experience using calipers, micrometers, and other precision tools using geometric dimensioning and tolerancing information.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent accepted, degree preferred.
- Minimum of at least 2-7 years of relevant experience in a Manufacturing Quality Control environment.
- Knowledge and ability to interpret Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5M
- Knowledge and ability to understand and interpret technical schematics and drawings.
- Experience with ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Standard, as well as internal auditing experience.
- Previous mechanical inspection background with ability to use basic hand measurement tools (calipers, micrometers, thread gauges etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Suite of products, particularly Excel and Word.
- US Citizenship, green card status or permanent residency required.
Why Fibertek, INC?
Fibertek is a small business with a 35-year history of leadership in delivering advanced laser-based systems and technologies to the defense and aerospace communities with an emphasis on first-of-kind systems developed for the most challenging environments. We are leaders in delivering lasers for space-based earth-sensing LIDAR for NASA (e.g., CALIPSO and ICESat-2 laser systems) and in developing advanced laser and sensor systems for LIDAR and other applications in the defense community. Fibertek has a deep portfolio of solid-state and fiber-based laser systems; has delivered multiple lidar sensors for 3D imaging, tracking and navigation; and has a rapidly growing product line in space-based laser communications across multiple mission scenarios from low-earth orbit to deep space. Fibertek fosters a progressive learning environment that values inspiration, promotes professional challenge and encourages personal growth. We offer competitive and incentivized compensation package with excellent benefits.
How to Apply
Fibertek, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants are considered regardless of race, sex, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.