optical systems engineer
We are looking for an experienced Optical Systems Engineer to join Fibertek in developing new Laser, LIDAR and Laser Communications systems for the space and defense communities. We are looking for a self-directed and creative engineer to join a world-class small business in meeting optical design challenges in a growing portfolio laser based sensing and communication systems. You will serve as a lead designer for optical transceivers, support proposals for new developments, and analyze novel solutions for hard problems. You will have diverse responsibilities that include:
- Development of new system concepts in response to requirements including performance, size, weight, power-handling, and susceptibility to challenging thermal and/or vibration environments.
- Evaluation of system-level trades and analysis of design merit, tradeoffs, and impact.
- Detailed design and analysis of optical performance, including contributions to integrated Structural, Thermal, and Optical Performance (STOP) analysis.
- Oversight of design implementation including final system testing and performance verification.
You will play a key role in the pursuit and execution of applied research and development projects that result in the delivery of advanced laser-based systems that are beyond the current the state of technology and which enable the realization of sensing, communications, and other missions for a broad range of customers.
Want to learn More?
For questions regarding this job listing, please fill out the form below
- Doctorate or Masters degree in Optics, Engineering, Physics, or other related field.
- >5 years professional experience.
- US Citizen and eligibility to obtain a US Security Clearance.
- Experience in the design of compact optical systems for military and/or space implementation and in the evaluation of performance including wavefront error, polarization, scattering, and stray-light assessment.
- Broad familiarity with the state of the art in optical components including fabrication technologies, coatings, materials, and design methods.
- Expertise with optical design tools including Zemax, Code-V, or similar.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Why Fibertek, INC?
How to Apply
Fibertek, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants are considered regardless of race, sex, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.