Modeling & Simulation Engineer
Fibertek, Inc. is a leading developer of laser and electro-optical systems for the aerospace community, with key contributions to earth-sensing, laser communications, and lidar sensors for NASA, DoD, and commercial customers. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate at our division in Adelphi, MD, to support mission and customer projects related to novel E/H-field sensing methods, low-SWaP E/H-field sensor systems. This individual will utilize various modeling and simulation software, including FEM (ANSYS Maxwell) and BEM/FMM analysis tools to support the data analysis and development of E/H field sensor systems as required.
The Modeling & Simulation Engineer must provide feasibility and optimization studies for proposed vehicle or component designs. This position requires analysis of simulation results to draw actionable conclusions and compose technical reports. You will join an agile small business that has a dedicated team of technology and business leaders with 35 years of success behind them. Your role will include:
- Perform model validation and correlation based on available data to assure accurate replication of vehicle behavior.
- Provide prompt modeling and simulation support to ensure program schedules are met.
- Provide feasibility and optimization studies for proposed vehicle or component designs.
- Debug modeling and solver issues.
Want to learn More?
For questions regarding this job listing, please fill out the form below
- 0-10 years performing modeling and simulations efforts.
- Experience with FEM (e.g. ANSYS Maxwell) and BEM/FMM.
- Parallelization on HPCs; MCAD tools; GIS tools.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or Physics.
- Aptitude for learning new technology.
- Deadline driven.
- Superior communication skills.
- US Citizen with Secret or Top-Secret clearance preferred.
Why Fibertek, INC?
How to Apply
Fibertek, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants are considered regardless of race, sex, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.