Fibertek is seeking a highly motivated Laser Engineer to join our division at Herndon, VA to support the development, integration, and test of advanced laser systems. You will work with a team of mechanical and electrical engineers to build a unique packaged system that can withstand wide temperature operation or high vibrational loads. The workload will at times include multiple concurrent projects with a mix of short duration research programs and longer duration technology maturation programs.:
- Contribute to the engineering development of unique laser designs through design analysis, component specification, and hardware assembly, integration, and test.
- Coordinate and support the build, alignment, and performance characterization of laser resonators, amplifiers, non-linear frequency conversion modules and receiver components.
- Participate in customer interactions including formal technical reviews.
This position requires direct hands-on experience with diode pumped solid state lasers operating in the UV/VIS/IR wavelengths, willing to ask questions and has a passion to see what they build get used for a novel application like space communications. An understanding of the industry trends and best practices is a major plus. You will join a small-company environment, that has a dedicated team of technology and business leaders with 35 years of success behind them.
Want to learn More?
For questions regarding this job listing, please fill out the form below
- MS Physics, or PhD preferred with a minimum of 3 years of direct hands-on laser experience including design, building, characterizing laser systems.
- Knowledge of the laser theory and industry best practices associated with diode pumped solid state laser systems including continuous wave lasers, Q-Switched lasers, single-frequency injection locked lasers, electrical and thermal sub-systems.
- Ability to design and execute experiments validating laser system performance and correlate the results with the expected performance.
- Strong communication and documentation skills for efficient multidisciplinary communication.
- US citizenship required.
Why Fibertek, INC?
How to Apply
Fibertek, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants are considered regardless of race, sex, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.