Junior Analyst - GIS Developer
Are you interested in using your skills in full-stack Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) ArcGIS development to support a dynamic Department of Defense technology research and development division? Fibertek, Inc. is looking for a self-motivated and detail-oriented individual to provide our U.S. Government customer with support for full-stack development of desktop and online/web-based GIS applications. Your strong experience with the ESRI ArcGIS suite of online, desktop, and enterprise software will strengthen your opportunity in this Junior Analyst role to assist with the design, development, and maintenance of geospatial applications through concept, and implementation phases. You will be working with a cutting-edge, core team to manage large and small GIS projects for unique DoD applications.
The position includes supporting other personnel in utilizing GIS applications, software, and interfacing with international partners and other industry leaders. You must be able to use geo-spatial data to develop applications for visualization, analysis, and presentation of data. Responsibilities include:
- Ability to work with ArcGIS Online suite of tools, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Web Application Builder.
- Experience in geospatial programming (Python, SQL, VBA), API integration, Batch Processing;
- Experience in web design/development an understanding of Web 2.0 concepts
- Ability to manage GIS data within at least one of the following: Oracle, SQL Server, and/or PostgreSQL database environments.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work independently
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies, work independently, and quick turnaround maps, dashboards, application prototypes or deliverables.
- Ability to innovate, self-start, and communicate ideas and options for improvements to existing applications and systems
interested in this position?
To succeed in this Junior Analyst role, you’ll need the below expertise and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS, computer science, geography, or related field.
- Experience with at least two or more programming languages.
- ESRI: 2-3 years (Required), Python / Java (Programming): 2-3 years (Required), Software Development: 2-3 years (Required)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong management and organizational skills
- Ability to gain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Potential for periodic CONUS and OCONUS travel
Please apply today for this collaborative and exciting Fort Belvoir-based role and join an agile small business that has a dedicated team of technology and business leaders with 35 years of success behind them.
Why Fibertek, INC?
Fibertek is a aerospace business with a 35-year history of leadership in delivering advanced laser-based systems and technologies to the defense and aerospace communities with an emphasis on first-of-kind systems developed for the most challenging environments. We are leaders in delivering lasers for space-based earth-sensing LIDAR for NASA (e.g., CALIPSO and ICESat-2 laser systems) and in developing advanced laser and sensor systems for LIDAR and other applications in the defense community. Fibertek fosters a progressive learning environment that values inspiration, promotes professional challenge and encourages personal growth. We offer competitive and incentivized compensation package with excellent benefits.
How to Apply
Fibertek, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants are considered regardless of race, sex, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.