Hybrid Electronics Additive (HEM) Manufacturing Engineer
Fibertek, Inc. is a leading developer of laser and electro-optic systems for the aerospace community, with key contributions to lasers for atmospheric sensing, laser communications, and lidar sensors for NASA, DoD, and commercial customers. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our division at the Army Research Laboratory in Adelphi, MD to support new materials and additive manufacturing processes for hybrid integration and packing of electronics with alternative substrates.
The successful candidate will provide manage material inventories to ensure that adequate stocks are on hand, and that materials are safely stored, used and disposed of.The selected individual will develop processes, materials, and material vendor sources for aerosol jet additive manufacturing technology, used on Optomec Sprint and Haas printing tools. You will join an agile small business that has a dedicated team of technology and business leaders with 35 years of success behind them.Your role will include:
- Developing direct-write printing of conductive and dielectric materials.
- Generating CAD/CAM subroutines and advanced CAM features for a Haas 5-axis printing tool.
- Developing and testing protocol for process viability, repeatability, and reliability under a variety of environmental conditions including munitions gun-launch.
- Processing development for working with both established and novel materials, and to achieve both well established and state of the art geometries and structures.
- Supporting a safe research environment by developing and recommending SOPs and rules.
- Planning and executing new equipment installation including facilities development and vendor coordination.
Want to learn More?
For questions regarding this job listing, please fill out the form below
- Bachelor’s degree, minimum, in STEM preferred.
- 5 Years’ experience in field required.
- Good communication skills to discuss issues and potential solutions with other groups and personnel to find answers to a new problem set.
- MS Suite of office applications.
- Good attention to detail and documentation.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, self-starter, punctual and good attendance record with the desire to develop professionally.
- Must have or be able to obtain a secret clearance.
- US Citizenship required.
Why Fibertek, INC?
FIBERTEK, Inc. is a recognized leader in advanced lasers, lidars and laser communication systems providing our DoD, NASA and aerospace customers discriminating capabilities. We pride ourselvesin our innovation and customer success focused culture enabled by a creative and relaxed work environmentwith minimal bureaucracy. Fibertek fosters a progressive learning environment that values inspiration, promotes professional challenge and encouragespersonal growth. We offer a competitive and incentivized compensation package with excellent benefits.
How to Apply
Fibertek, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants are considered regardless of race, sex, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.