Fibertek, Inc. is a leading developer of laser and electro-optical systems for the aerospace community, with key contributions to earth-sensing, laser communications, and lidar sensors for NASA, DoD, and commercial customers. We are looking for a highly motivated PCB layout engineer to participate in the definition and implementation of all phases of design, including placement, routing, constraint table management, and drafting. This individual must bring a combination of PCB design, assembly, test and fabrication knowledge, cross team functional interdependence, and demonstrable design process experience to the position.
The Electrical Engineer must interface with team members to coordinate the releases of new products, including establishing goals, programs and platforms, participate in LRU failure evaluations, analysis and provide recommendations to improve PCB testability, reliability and robustness. This position requires use of the latest schematic capture software, to generate parts for PCBs and update/maintain libraries, link schematic capture files to PC board layout. You will join an agile small business that has a dedicated team of technology and business leaders with 35 years of success behind them. Your role will include:
- PCB layout and routing of PCB designs including mixed-mode (analog/digital) signal circuit design, high-speed digital, low-current for both existing and new products.
- Manage board level BOMs and parts lists.
- Participate in engineering design reviews.
- Generate documentation for production of assemblies.
- Define Layout of the PCB according to electrical, mechanical, low SWaP, low frequency, and manufacturability constraints.
- Manage Layout from front to design release.
- Experience with compact double side PCBA design.
- The candidate needs to have “hands-on experience” in actual PCB design, using latest design tools.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Want to learn More?
For questions regarding this job listing, please fill out the form below
- Minimum of 4+ years designing circuit boards.
- Design high speed circuit boards and components.
- Ability to create stack ups.
- Expertise with IPC standards (certifications a plus).
- Candidate must have Software Experience: OrCad, Allegro, AutoCAD.
- Experience in manufacturing, high speed design, power supplies, signal integrity.
- Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering.
- Aptitude for learning new technology.
- Deadline driven.
- Superior communication skills.
- US CitizenwithSecret or Top-Secretclearance preferred.
Why Fibertek, INC?
FIBERTEK, Inc. is a recognized leader in advanced lasers, lidars and laser communication systems providing our DoD, NASA and aerospace customers discriminating capabilities. We pride ourselves in our innovation and customer success focused culture enabled by a creative and relaxed work environment with minimal bureaucracy. Fibertek is in the center of northern Virginia’s technology corridor and near the world-class cultural venues in our nation’s capital and a wide range of outdoor activities offered in the Blue Ridge Mountains and Chesapeake Bay areas. We are within walking distance of the DC metro station opening in 2020. Fibertek fosters a progressive learning environment that values inspiration, promotes professional challenge and encourages personal growth. We offer a competitive and incentivized compensation package with excellent benefits. Relocation assistance will be available.
How to Apply
Fibertek, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants are considered regardless of race, sex, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.