Fibertek is seeking a highly motivated Electrical Engineer to join our division at Herndon, VA the development of products in our R&D division. The successful candidate will work on small teams to develop, verify, and upgrade the electronics in Fibertek’s electro-optical systems. The workload will include a wide range of engineering tasks including circuit board development, firmware (FPGA & CPU) development, cable/harness design, documentation (design docs, test reports, etc.), board and system level integration and testing/troubleshooting, and analysis. The workload will at times include multiple concurrent projects, with a mix of small, short, quick-turn projects and larger, longer term projects :
- Circuit board and system level development, integration, and test
- Firmware development, integration, and test
- Analysis (circuit, system, etc.)
- Preparation of test reports, design documents and other documentation as necessary
- Participation in field tests and experiments
- Contributing to technical proposals
An understanding of the industry trends and best practices is a major plus. You will join a small-company environment, that has a dedicated team of technology and business leaders with 35 years of success behind them.
interested in this position?
- BSEE with 4-10 years of applicable work experience
- Experience with circuit board design, integration, and troubleshooting.
- Experience using electrical lab equipment as part of embedded system development.
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- The candidate should be comfortable working hands-on and will participate in field tests and experiments.
- Bonus Areas
- Experience with FPGA/CPLD design, simulation, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with embedded CPU/Microcontroller firmware development, integration, and troubleshooting.
- US Citizenship or permanent residency is required
Why Fibertek, INC?
Fibertek is a small business with a 35-year history of leadership in delivering advanced laser-based systems and technologies to the defense and aerospace communities with an emphasis on first-of-kind systems developed for the most challenging environments. We are leaders in delivering lasers for space-based earth-sensing LIDAR for NASA (e.g., CALIPSO and ICESat-2 laser systems) and in developing advanced laser and sensor systems for LIDAR and other applications in the defense community. Fibertek has a deep portfolio of solid-state and fiber-based laser systems; has delivered multiple lidar sensors for 3D imaging, tracking and navigation; and has a rapidly growing product line in space-based laser communications across multiple mission scenarios from low-earth orbit to deep space. Fibertek fosters a progressive learning environment that values inspiration, promotes professional challenge and encourages personal growth. We offer competitive and incentivized compensation package with excellent benefits.
How to Apply
Fibertek, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants are considered regardless of race, sex, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.