director of tactical fiber lasers
We are searching for an innovative fiber laser technology leader to advance our high-power pulsed fiber laser technology and grow our fiber laser business portfolio. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the execution of multiple fiber laser programs, defining & executing fiber laser technology road-maps, and engaging new customers and partners..
This position requires a broad range of skills including technical expertise in pulsed fiber lasers for military and space-based applications and environments; track record of writing winning proposals; and creative strategic vision that contributes to sustained growth over time. You will join an agile small business that has a dedicated team of technology and business leaders with 35 years of success behind them. You will have diverse responsibilities throughout the development life-cycle that include:
- Leading the successful maturation of pulsed fiber lasers and amplifiers across a portfolio of programs, which includes multiple applications & customers, both MILSPEC prototypes & R&D fiber lasers, culminating in a transition to manufacturing
- Development and proposal of next generation pulsed fiber lasers (1 µm, 1.5 µm and 2 µm) for a wide range of DoD sensing missions, including writing & delivering compelling proposals
- Sustainment of healthy customer relationships from long term positioning
- Identification and engagement with new DoD and major aerospace prime customers & partners
Want to learn More?
For questions regarding this job listing, please fill out the form below
- Doctorate or Masters degree in Optics, Engineering, Physics, or other related field
- >10 years professional experience including leading advanced laser development and manufacturing programs
- US Citizen and eligibility to obtain a US Security Clearance
- Demonstrated success in design, development, and engineering of pulsed fiber lasers with demanding peak and average power performance requirements
- Familiarity with the engineering challenges of fielding high-power laser systems in military and space environments
- Self-directed and motivated with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated success in authorship of technical proposals and delivery of new system technologies
Why Fibertek, INC?
How to Apply
Fibertek, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants are considered regardless of race, sex, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.