Fibertek, Inc. is a leading developer of laser and electro-optic systems for the aerospace community, with key contributions to lasers for atmospheric sensing, laser communications, and lidar sensors for NASA, DoD, and commercial customers. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our division at the Army Research Laboratory in Adelphi, MD to provide expertise in the craft of programming will assist our organization in increasing efficiency and service through construction, maintenance, and streamlining of our computing systems and programs.
The successful candidate must possess superior coding skills, excellent communication, high concentration levels, good task management, and superior problem solving and critical thinking skills. Essentially, the outstanding Computer Programmer must enhance the efficiency of systems, resolve errors, and design programs. You will join an agile small business that has a dedicated team of technology and business leaders with 35 years of success behind them. Your role will include:
- Coding and debugging.
- Designing and testing computer structures.
- Troubleshooting system errors.
- Writing computer instructions.
- Managing database systems.
- Maintaining operating systems.
- Profiling and analyzing algorithms.
- Implementing build systems.
- Editing source-code
interested in this position?
- Candidates with minimum MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Experience with high-performance computing BEM/FMM algorithms, GPU acceleration, parallel processing
- Familiarity with Python, Java, C/C++, Matlab, F77/f90 in Windows and Unix environments
- Experience with efficient, multi-threaded solutions for Modeling and Simulation using custom and COTS FEM/BEM codes
- Aptitude for learning new technology.
- Deadline driven.
- Superior communication skills.
- Active Secret Clearance
- US Citizenship required
Why Fibertek, INC?
Fibertek is a aerospace business with a 35-year history of leadership in delivering advanced laser-based systems and technologies to the defense and aerospace communities with an emphasis on first-of-kind systems developed for the most challenging environments. We are leaders in delivering lasers for space-based earth-sensing LIDAR for NASA (e.g., CALIPSO and ICESat-2 laser systems) and in developing advanced laser and sensor systems for LIDAR and other applications in the defense community. Fibertek fosters a progressive learning environment that values inspiration, promotes professional challenge and encourages personal growth. We offer competitive and incentivized compensation package with excellent benefits.
How to Apply
Fibertek, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants are considered regardless of race, sex, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.