CNC MANUAL MACHINIST
Fibertek, Inc. is a leading developer of laser and electro-optic systems for the aerospace community, with key contributions to lasers for atmospheric sensing, laser communications, and
lidar sensors for NASA, DoD, and commercial customers. We are looking for a highly motivated
individual to join our division at NASA in Goddard, Md to support multiple missions by machining special one of kind fixtures, key test components and quick turnaround modifications of hardware.
The successful candidate will provide drawings, sketches, and specifications in completing various machining operations. You will join an agile small business that has a dedicated team of technology and business leaders with 35 years of success behind them. Your role will include:
- Review drawings, sketches, and specifications in completing various machining operations.
- Performance of machine setups to obtain close tolerances, fitting, and alignment of machined parts.
- Maintaining of all necessary records for each job.
- Development of jigs, fixtures, or other specialized non-production devices as qualified and assigned.
- Development of raw material, supplies, tools, etc., when necessary.
- Maintain a work area in a clean, safe, and orderly fashion and conforms to all quality procedures and safety and human performance standards.
- Perform first piece inspections on an essential product for other machinists, as qualified and assigned.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance of machines.
- Troubleshoot drawings, machining, tooling, material, etc. and makes competent decisions pertaining to the job at hand.
- Operation of machinery/equipment in a safe manner.
- Utilization of Geometric Dimension & Tolerance as called out on print.
- Monitors proper machine set up and accurate interpretation of prints and specifications to prevent damage to the material. Detects errors with frequent tolerance/quality checks.
interested in this position?
- 10 years aerospace machining
- 10 years’ experience with CNC machining
- 10 years’ experience with CAM software programming
- Knowledge of Aerospace Mechanical/Machining
- Haas CNC Machining Center; programming, setup, and operation experience
- Knowledge of Hardinge Lathe operation
- Knowledge of Bridgeport Manual Mill operation
- Experience with Featurecam CAM software
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work self sufficiently
- US Citizenship, green card status or permanent residency required.
Why Fibertek, INC?
Fibertek is a small business with a 35-year history of leadership in delivering advanced laser-based systems and technologies to the defense and aerospace communities with an emphasis on first-of-kind systems developed for the most challenging environments. We are leaders in delivering lasers for space-based earth-sensing LIDAR for NASA (e.g., CALIPSO and ICESat-2 laser systems) and in developing advanced laser and sensor systems for LIDAR and other applications in the defense community. Fibertek has a deep portfolio of solid-state and fiber-based laser systems; has delivered multiple lidar sensors for 3D imaging, tracking and navigation; and has a rapidly growing product line in space-based laser communications across multiple mission scenarios from low-earth orbit to deep space. Fibertek fosters a progressive learning environment that values inspiration, promotes professional challenge and encourages personal growth. We offer competitive and incentivized compensation package with excellent benefits.
How to Apply
Fibertek, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants are considered regardless of race, sex, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.